Project Manager – Cyber Security
The Information Security Project Manager will manage and provide technical and managerial oversight for a technical IT security team of more than 10 cyber security professionals, as well as oversee a large and complex portfolio of continuous monitoring processes and information assurance activities on site for a federal client. The successful candidate must have demonstrated a minimum of five years current project and the full spectrum of personnel management experience.
This position requires a forward thinker who is able to conceive of and contribute to strategic ideas moving the IT Security Program forward and performs risk assessments and other advanced-level continuous monitoring activities in accordance with NIST Special Publications 800-30, 800-37, 800-60, 800-53A, 800-53 Rev- 4, FIPS 199, other related OMB and NIST guidance, and available agency policies. The successful candidate will work closely with the customer to understand current and upcoming tasks and direct team members appropriately. The project manager must be able to motivate and direct an integrated project team of prime and sub-contractors, and must have demonstrated experience hiring, managing, motivating, and evaluating staff members.
The candidate must be able to serve as an Information Security Risk Analyst, develop system and program-level analysis reports and briefings for federal client management and senior executive personnel, manages data call responses and will oversee all activities of a highly complex team. The candidate will also be responsible for managing enterprise-wide projects in accordance with project management and maturity model best practices. These projects may include: the implementation of technologies that improve network infrastructure with detection and accountability tools; compliance validation tools; cyber security user awareness and other types of training; and risk management processes.
This position requires a working knowledge of network technologies such as Windows and Linux operating systems; database security; active directory; service oriented architectures; vulnerability testing; networking protocols and topologies; security architectures; and incident management. The position requires some domestic travel and an ability to work with clients resident in multiple time zones.
General Description of Duties:
- Manage all team activities, ensuring on time delivery with high quality and high customer satisfaction.
- Provide advice on cyber security strategy, tactics, and operations.
- Assist with the drafting of cyber security strategic and tactical plans.
- Enforce and comply with all corporate and client policies.
- Deliver services applying our corporate CORE values.
- Engage in corporate objectives and strategies.
- Actively participate in corporate and client training activities.
- Support business development and account expansion in conjunction with corporate business development team.
- Fill open positions on project in coordination with the Human Resources department.
- Perform project activities and delivery methods defined by e-Management’s eP3 (CMMI), ISO 27001, and quality programs.
- Understand and manage to each deliverable’s requirements and each project’s scope.
- Be aware of and manage to contract specific requirements.
- Provide weekly status updates to next level manager to include accomplishments, activities in progress, planned & upcoming activities, status of deliverables, upcoming meetings/conferences/presentations, issues/problems/questions, and support needed from next level manager or corporate services.
- Provide a weekly progress report to the customer including accomplishments, activities in progress, planned & upcoming activities, status of deliverables, and issues/resolutions.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a related field or equivalent experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is required. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is desired but not required.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years IT/technical experience is required, to include eight (8) or more years of progressive information security experience with Federal Government projects and five or more years of staff management experience of a technical information security team. Experience working on Firm Fixed Price contracts and working is desired but not required.
Skills: The position requires a demonstrated capacity to analyze and apply technology solutions which meet the security control requirements specified by the most recent FISMA, OMB, and NIST guidance. Superior technical, writing, and presentation skills are required. The position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ability to multitask, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Unique Requirements: Candidate will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be clearable to Top Secret (TS)/DOE Q. Prefer active DOE Q Security Clearance. Candidate must be available for some domestic travel.